We're Human about Insurance
Cars can be complicated, but car insurance doesn't have to be. We offer great value cover, with a range of benefits you can trust. An Post Insurance is a 100% Irish-owned company, so we understand what matters most to you.
Comparing Car Insurance Quotes
How to find the best car insurance quote
When shopping around, it's best to keep a couple of key questions in mind. We've put together some great tips for comparing car insurance quotes.
Decide on the type and level of cover
Have a think about the type and level of cover you need. We offer two types of cover: Comprehensive Car Insurance and Third Party, Fire, and Theft. Which cover is right for you? (1)
Check your policy's benefits
What benefits are included in your policy? Some may be more important to you than others, and you may wish to add optional upgrades (2), such as Keycare (3) or Open Driving (4).
Review no claims discounts
Your No Claims Discount is valuable, as it can provide a significant saving on the cost of your premium. Check if the policy you're looking at includes an option to protect your No Claims Discount (5).
1) Please refer to our policy booklets for full cover details and terms and conditions that apply. Discounts, cover limits, and terms and conditions are dependent on your car insurance underwriter and those applicable to you will be outlined in your policy documents.
2) These optional extras are subject to an additional charge and eligibility criteria may apply. It is not necessary to purchase this optional extra in order to purchase this policy.
3) Keycare is an optional extra for €10 which gives cover to replace your keys if they are lost or stolen, up to €1,500 per year and cover for broken keys up to €100 per annum.
4) Open Drive is subject to an additional charge and Driver/vehicle eligibility criteria and restrictions may apply.
5) Discounts applied consecutively and subject to a minimum premium of €320.
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Choose Comprehensive Car Insurance so you can rest easy, knowing you're covered for damage to your own vehicle, in addition to Third Party, Fire and Theft.
Third Party, Fire & Theft
Our Third Party, Fire and Theft policy helps to protect you in case your car is burned or stolen, and if you're at fault in an accident, it covers damage to others and their property.
Women Drivers' Insurance
Women drivers make up more than 50% of An Post Insurance customers. We've listened to your needs, and partnered with a range of providers to offer cover and care that works for women drivers.
Please refer to our policy booklets for full cover details and terms and conditions that apply. Discounts, cover limits, and terms and conditions are dependent on your car insurance underwriter and those applicable to you will be outlined in your policy documents.
We value your feedback
I'm with An Post Insurance for a number of years now and I must say that I could recommend this company to anybody who want great insurance cover at at a very competitive and affordable price... I have both my motor and home insurance with this company and I'm very happy with the comprehensive cover that I have as well as it's "extras" and value for money Regards Mártín 01.09.2021
We care about protecting what matters to you. Get a quick quote for great value insurance online, in person or over the phone.
Documents & Forms
Here you’ll find useful information, documents and forms that’ll help you get the peace of mind of good protection.
We understand that everybody’s different, so you can choose the right payment method for you. Check out our range of options.
Claims & Emergencies
You can trust us to get you the help you need, when you need it. Learn more about making a claim or dealing with an emergency.