We're Human about Insurance
Cars can be complicated, but car insurance doesn't have to be. We offer great value cover, with a range of benefits you can trust. An Post Insurance is a 100% Irish-owned company, so we understand what matters most to you.
Comparing Car Insurance Quotes
How to find the best car insurance quote
When shopping around, it's best to keep a couple of key questions in mind. We've put together some great tips for comparing car insurance quotes.
Decide on the type and level of cover
Have a think about the type and level of cover you need. We offer two types of cover: Comprehensive Car Insurance and Third Party, Fire, and Theft. Which cover is right for you? (1)
Check your policy's benefits
What benefits are included in your policy? Some may be more important to you than others, and you may wish to add optional upgrades (2), such as Keycare (3) or Open Driving (4).
Review No Claims Discounts
Your No Claims Discount is valuable, as it can provide a significant saving on the cost of your premium. Check if the policy you're looking at includes an option to protect your No Claims Discount (5).
1) Please refer to our policy booklets for full cover details and terms and conditions that apply. Discounts, cover limits, and terms and conditions are dependent on your car insurance underwriter and those applicable to you will be outlined in your policy documents.
2) These optional extras are subject to an additional charge and eligibility criteria may apply. It is not necessary to purchase this optional extra in order to purchase this policy.
3) Keycare is an optional extra for €12.60 (incl. government levy) which gives cover to replace your keys if they are lost or stolen, up to €1,500 per year and cover for broken keys up to €100 per annum.
4) Open Drive is subject to an additional charge and Driver/vehicle eligibility criteria and restrictions may apply.
5) Subject to a minimum premium of €355 or €325, depending on the policy underwriter for car insurance. Discounts are applied consecutively, for new business customers only and will not be available at subsequent renewals.
Choose Comprehensive Car Insurance so you can rest easy, knowing you're covered for damage to your own vehicle, in addition to Third Party, Fire and Theft.
Our Third Party, Fire and Theft policy helps to protect you in case your car is burned or stolen, and if you're at fault in an accident, it covers damage to others and their property.
Women drivers make up more than 50% of An Post Insurance customers. We've listened to your needs, and partnered with a range of providers to offer cover and care that works for women drivers.
Please refer to our policy booklets for full cover details and terms and conditions that apply. Discounts, cover limits, and terms and conditions are dependent on your car insurance underwriter and those applicable to you will be outlined in your policy documents.
Compare Car Insurance from An Post Insurance
An Post Insurance offers great value car insurance with a range of benefits that you can trust. Choose from Comprehensive Car Insurance or Third Party, Fire and Theft. Compare car insurance quotes now to find the perfect policy for youGet a Quote
We value your feedback
It was so easy and straightforward. The agent was lovely and very professional. No list of questions, unlike other companies I have dealt with. Quick and to the point. No time wasting which I'm grateful for. Will be back again! Eileen 30.11.2022
We care about protecting what matters to you. Get a quick quote for great value insurance online, in person or over the phone.
Here you’ll find useful information, documents and forms that’ll help you get the peace of mind of good protection.
We understand that everybody’s different, so you can choose the right payment method for you. Check out our range of options.