Car Insurance Claims & Emergencies
We’re human about insurance, so we aim to make the claims process as smooth and stress-free as possible.
We want to guide you through these challenging circumstances and get you the help you need.
Check your insurance disc to see who is the underwriter of your policy. Call their number, provided below, with your insurance policy number and car registration. Our underwriters will help you register the claim and provide you with advice you can trust
and care you can rely on.
- Within Ireland: 1890 666 888
- From abroad: +353 91 52 5311
- Within Ireland: 01 859 9700
- From abroad: +353 1 859 9700
- Within Ireland: 1890 825 250
- From abroad: +353 1 761 7658
- Check for injuries, starting with yourself and then the remaining passengers in your car.
- Don’t move any injured parties unless they are in immediate danger from oncoming vehicles.
- Call the emergency services, providing as much detail about the car crash as you can such as the location of the car crash, number of people and vehicles involved, and injuries sustained.
- Do not admit, deny, negotiate or settle a claim without your insurer’s’ permission.
- Take note of the following third-party details: names, addresses and phone numbers. The address of the owner of the vehicle you are driving if it’s not your car. The car insurance company name and the insurance policy number as well as the driver's licence numbers. Vehicle’s registration numbers car’s year, make, model and colour. Keep a record of the name, address and phone number of any witnesses. Take photos of the position of and damage to each vehicle involved in the collision.
- Notify the local Garda station immediately.
Please note: You should always let your insurer know immediately about any event that may give rise to a claim under your policy.
You should check your policy documents or insurance disc for the underwriter relevant to you and call the corresponding number below
Provided Keycare is on your policy, if your keys have been stolen it must be reported to the Gardai immediately and a crime reference number obtained before Keycare can deal with your claim.
If you have misplaced your keys, you should call Keycare as soon as possible and within 45 days of the insured event.
To make a claim call 01 431 9639 and quote the fob number, which can be found on your Policy Schedule.