We're Human About Insurance
Let us protect your house, while you make it a home. An Post Insurance is 100% Irish-owned, so we understand what matters most to you.
How we Help
We know that everyone wants to get great value on home insurance, so we offer competitive prices, online promotions (1) and a uniquely protected no-claims discount (2) to help lower the cost of cover.
Get the peace of mind that comes with knowing your most valuable asset is protected. If things go wrong, we'll help you take care of the details, from replacing the door locks to refilling the freezer (3).
We reward existing home owners too: you can avail of our 40% no claims discount (4) if you have held a home insurance policy and are claims free for 5 years.
We're powered by people just like you, living in communities all over Ireland. Our team is available six days a week - you can trust us to get the help you need, when you need it.
1) Acceptance criteria, T&Cs apply, discounts are subject to minimum premium of €230 and are applied consecutively, available to new business only.
2) You can make one claim up to €10,000 in a 3 year period without losing your no claims discount.
3) Get up to €400, if your keys are stolen. Cover for loss or damage of frozen food up to €650.
4) This discount is available if you have held a home insurance policy with no gaps in cover and are claims free for 5 years.
Our Cover Options
No matter where you live, everyone's home is different. Our range of policies make it easier for you to choose the cover that's right for you and your household. Learn more about how we can help you protect the things that matter most to you.
Our Buildings & Contents Insurance is our Home Insurance product that safeguards your house & precious belongings.
If you're letting an apartment, we can help protect you from unexpected damage and public and personal liability. (7)
Our Contents Insurance cover is designed for tenants in rented accommodation and protects your possessions from damage or theft.
Move into your dream home with our special discount for first-time buyers, with a 50% discount available for new home customers. (8)
7) Up to €1,300,000 cover for your legal liability for damages and costs following injury or disease to any person or loss or damage to property.
8) New home customers to An Post Insurance can avail of a 25% New Business Discount. First Time Buyers can also avail of a further 25% No Claims Discount, meaning an impressive 50% discount for First Time Buyers.
Features and Benefits
Every home is unique, so your home insurance should be too. Whether you're an owner-occupier, a tenant or a landlord, we've got you covered. We’re proud to help our customers protect their no claims discount, even if the unexpected happens. You can even upgrade your policy with extras such as Family Legal Protection (4), for added peace of mind.
4) Family Legal Protection is available as an optional extra on your Home Insurance policy, at a cost of just €15 per policy. It is not necessary to purchase this optional extra in order to purchase a Home Insurance policy.
We'll be there to help should the worst happen, covering up to €1,500 of call-out charges if the Fire Brigade Service is called to attend your emergency.
We understand that your no claims discount is important to you, so with us, you can make one claim up to €10,000 in a three-year period without losing your no claims discount.
Help is just a phone call away with our Home Emergency Assistance service. We will provide a repair service to secure your home and help prevent further damage from occurring. (5)
Safeguard your home with an approved burglar alarm and enjoy a 12.5% discount (6). If you install and maintain a Smartzone Home Alarm System, you'll be entitled to an 18% discount.
5) If you have an emergency in your home, we will provide a repair service to secure your home and help prevent further damage from occurring. Cover for up to €260 per incident, limited to 3 claims per policy year. This cover is underwritten by MAPFRE ASISTENCIA Compania Internacional De Seguros Y Reaseguros, S.A., trading as MAPFRE ASSISTANCE Agency Ireland.
6) Discounts are applied consecutively and are subject to a minimum premium of €230 or €110 for Contents only. Click here for more information on the SmartzoneHome Alarm System Promotion. Must be fitted to EN50131 (old IS199) standards and installed by an intruder alarm company approved by the National Standards Authority of Ireland. The installer should hold a P.S.A. (Private Security Authority) licence.
We value your feedback
I joined An Post Insurance last year and it was the best decision. Their customer service is excellent & so friendly. They were extremely helpful and most of all the price I received from them could not be beaten. I would highly recommend using this company. Anna 05.02.2021
Good to Know
We've gathered together all the details you need to better understand your home insurance options. Take a look at our FAQs and learn more about how we can help you get the cover you deserve, at the price you prefer.
During the COVID-19 pandemic only, all business equipment used while working at home will be included as standard up to the contents sum insured, unless otherwise covered. The level of cover provided by the policy will be outlined in your policy schedule.
Accidental Damage Cover is an optional benefit which extends cover to include accidental events, giving rise to a loss, e.g. a large spillage on carpet, if someone puts their foot through the ceiling.
If you have an emergency in your home, we will provide a repair service to secure your home and help prevent further damage from occurring. Cover for up to €260 per incident, limited to 3 claims per policy year.
This cover is underwritten by MAPFRE ASISTENCIA Compania Internacional De Seguros Y Reaseguros, S.A., trading as MAPFRE ASSISTANCE Agency Ireland.
Excess is the amount payable by you, in the event of a claim. Under this policy, you will be required to pay a standard excess. You have the option to increase the excess, which will reduce your premium. Please refer to your policy documents to find out what excess is applicable.
Reinstatement value is the cost of completely re-building your house (less the value of the site) including architects and surveyors fees. It is important to note that the reinstatement value is the figure for which your house should be insured, rather than the market value of the house. For more information on calculating the reinstatement value of your house click here.
Plus, you could get a free Annual Multi-Trip European policy when you take out a car & a home policy with us & both policies are underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC**.Find out all about this promotion here
**Discounts applied consecutively and subject to a minimum premium of €320 for car insurance, €230 for home insurance and €110 for Contents Only. This offer is applicable to An Post Insurance policies underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC. You will get a 15% discount on the second policy you take out. Once this policy is set up, you'll be eligible for one year free multi-trip European travel insurance. When your first policy is due for renewal you will be eligible for the 15% discount for that policy. Full promotion terms & conditions can be found here.
We care about protecting what matters to you. Get a quick quote for great value insurance online, in person or over the phone.
Here you’ll find useful information, documents and forms that’ll help you get the peace of mind of good protection.
We understand that everybody’s different, so you can choose the right payment method for you. Check out our range of options.
An Post Insurance Home Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC.