We're Human About Insurance
Our Buildings & Contents Insurance is our Home Insurance product that safeguards your house & precious belongings.
If you're letting an apartment, we can help you deal with the unexpected. Our cover also protects you with public and personal liability cover. (1)
Our Contents Insurance cover is designed for tenants in rented accommodation and protects your possessions from damage or theft.
Let us worry about protecting your house while you make it a home. Compare quotes now to find the perfect policy for you.
1) Up to €1,300,000 cover for your legal liability for damages and costs following injury or disease to any person or loss or damage to property.
Features and Benefits
Your holiday home is both a place to get away to and an investment. At An Post Insurance, our Holiday Home Insurance provides a range of features & benefits to prevent the unexpected from spoiling your holiday.
Learn more about our home insurance features and benefits in our Help Centre.
We'll be there to help should the worst happen, covering up to €1,500 of call-out charges if the Fire Brigade Service is called to attend your emergency.
We understand that your no claims discount is important to you, so with us, you can make one claim up to €10,000 in a three-year period without losing your no claims discount.
Help is just a phone call away with our Home Emergency Assistance service. We will provide a repair service to secure your home and help prevent further damage from occurring. (2)
Safeguard your home with an approved burglar alarm and enjoy a 12.5% discount. If you install and maintain a Smartzone Home Alarm System, you'll be entitled to an 18% discount (3).
2) If you have an emergency in your home, we will provide a repair service to secure your home and help prevent further damage from occurring. Cover for up to €260 per incident, limited to 3 claims per policy year. This cover is underwritten by MAPFRE ASISTENCIA Compania Internacional De Seguros Y Reaseguros, S.A., trading as MAPFRE ASSISTANCE Agency Ireland.
3) Discounts are applied consecutively and are subject to a minimum premium of €240 or €120 for Contents only. Must be fitted to EN50131 (old IS199) standards and installed by an intruder alarm company approved by the National Standards Authority of Ireland. The installer should hold a P.S.A. (Private Security Authority) licence.
How we Help
We know that everyone wants to get great value on home insurance, so we offer competitive prices, online promotions (6) and a uniquely protected no-claims discount (7) to help lower the cost of cover.
Get the peace of mind that comes with knowing your most valuable asset is protected. If things go wrong, we'll help you take care of the details, from replacing the door locks to refilling the freezer (8).
We reward existing home owners too: you can avail of our 40% no claims discount (9) if you have held a home insurance policy and are claims free for 5 years.
We're powered by people just like you, living in communities all over Ireland. Our team is available six days a week - you can trust us to get the help you need, when you need it.
6) Acceptance criteria, T&Cs apply, discounts are subject to a minimum premium of €240 and €120 for contents only and are applied consecutively, available to new business only and will not be available at subsequent renewals.
7) You can make one claim up to €10,000 in a 3 year period without losing your no claims discount.
8) Get up to €400, if your keys are stolen. Cover for loss or damage of frozen food up to €650.
9) This discount is available if you have held a home insurance policy with no gaps in cover and are claims free for 5 years.
We value your feedback
It was very easy to follow online to complete my Insurance and when I had to ring to ask some questions they were very helpful. I’m not very good with technology and they made it very easy for me to follow the steps I needed to complete my form. Would definitely recommend to friends. Great value for money. Susan 29.08.2023
Top 5 FAQs
We've gathered together all the details you need to better understand your home insurance options. Take a look at our home insurance FAQs and learn more about how we can help you get the cover you deserve, at the price you prefer.
Accidental Damage Cover is an optional benefit available for an additional premium on home insurance plans which extends cover to include accidental events, giving rise to a loss, e.g. a large spillage on the carpet, if someone puts their foot through the ceiling.
It is not necessary to purchase this optional extra in order to purchase a Home Insurance policy.
If you have an emergency in your home, Home Emergency Assistance will provide a repair service to secure your house and help prevent further damage from occurring. Home Emergency Assistance provides cover for up to €260 per-incident and it is limited to 3 claims per policy year.
This cover is underwritten by MAPFRE ASISTENCIA Compania Internacional De Seguros Y Reaseguros, S.A., trading as MAPFRE ASSISTANCE Agency Ireland.
The excess on your Home Insurance Policy refers to the amount payable by you, in the event of a claim. Under this policy, you will be required to pay a standard excess. You have the option to increase the excess, which will reduce your premium. Please refer to your policy documents to find out what excess is applicable to you.
The reinstatement value is the cost of completely rebuilding your house (less the value of the site) including architects and surveyors fees. It is important to note that the reinstatement value is the figure for which your house should be insured, rather than the market value of your home. For more information on calculating the reinstatement value of your house click here.
Family Legal Protection is an optional extra that offers help and advice with the most common legal problems. It will pay up to €65,000 to cover the legal costs that you may incur for claims made under the policy. You have access to a 24 Hour Helpline which will provide help and advice on any personal legal matter from a team of legal experts.
Available as an optional extra on your Home Insurance policy, at a cost of just €15 per policy. It is not necessary to purchase this optional extra in order to purchase a Home Insurance policy.
Family Legal Protection is underwritten by ARAG Legal Protection Limited
We care about protecting what matters to you. Get a quick quote for great value insurance online, in person or over the phone.
Here you’ll find useful information, documents and forms that’ll help you get the peace of mind of good protection.
We understand that everybody’s different, so you can choose the right payment method for you. Check out our range of options.
An Post Insurance Home Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC.