We're Human About Insurance
We know how hard you work, and how important it is to protect your livelihood. An Post Insurance is a 100% Irish-owned company, so we understand what matters most to you.
How we Help
Everyone wants to get great value on farm insurance, so we offer competitive prices, tailored plans, and a discount of up to 30% for farmers where no claims have been noted.
Excellent cover is what we do, with many benefits included as standard. Our team will look at your individual needs to help you find the policy that covers your farm, your livelihood, your way.
Benefits and Bonuses
We provide care as well as cover, with a range of benefits and bonuses as standard, including public (1) and environmental liability (2), as well as help with legal expenses (3).
Real Customer Care
We're powered by people just like you, living in communities all over Ireland. Our customer service team is available to provide you with help and advice, five days a week.
(1) Public Liability cover up to €6.5 million for public liability claims.
(2) Environmental Liability cover up to €2.6 million to protect against costs associated with gradual environmental damage and pollution, including own land and third-party clean-up costs.
(3) Legal expenses cover provides legal costs of up to €150,000 per claim, and up to €1,500,000 for any one period of insurance. It covers issues such as property disputes, alleged wrongful dismissal of employees or contract disagreements.
Our Cover Options
We understand that farms come in all shapes and sizes, so we've made it easier for you to choose the cover that's right for you. Learn more about how we can help you protect your livelihood, as well as your machinery, produce, livestock and outbuildings.
Smart Farm Easy
If your farm is less than 80 acres, ask about our Smart Farm Easy policy. It provides cover for public liability (1), environmental liability (2) and legal expenses (3). With optional add-ons (4) such as injury to workers or farm property protection, you can rest easy, knowing we've got you covered.
Smart Farm Choices
Larger farms sometimes need more specific, customisable cover as well as protection against public liability (1), environmental liability (2) and legal expenses (3). Our Smart Farm Choices offers options for additional benefits (4), such as personal accident or losses cover, for extra peace of mind.
1) Public Liability cover up to €6.5 million for public liability claims.
2) Environmental Liability cover up to €2.6 million to protect against costs associated with gradual environmental damage and pollution, including own land and third-party clean-up costs.
3) Legal expenses cover provides legal costs of up to €150,000 per claim, and up to €1,500,000 for any one period of insurance. It covers issues such as property disputes, alleged wrongful dismissal of employees or contract disagreements.
4) Optional add-ons are subject to additional charge; it is not necessary to purchase these add ons in order to purchase the policy.
Interest to know more...?
Why not talk to one of our farm insurance agents, who will happily talk you through our farm insurance products and help you choose the cover you want, or what is necessary for your farm and your farming needs.
Features and Benefits
Every farm is unique, so your insurance should be too. We can help you protect your livelihood as well as your farm: our team will talk you through a range of benefits, as well as additional options (4) you can purchase for extra peace of mind.
For Smart Farm Choice customers it pays to be prepared: this optional extra (4) offers cover for up to 24 months if you're unable to engage in your usual occupation as a result of an accident.
Tractors and Agricultural Vehicles
We rely on our vehicles every day, so this optional add-on (4) offers third party, fire and theft or comprehensive cover for farm vehicles, including trailers.
With options (4) to include cover for livestock, outbuildings and contents, as well as your farm-dwelling house, this helps to protect the property you value most.
Injury to Workers
Option (4) to include cover up to €13 million against legal liability for any injury or disease caused to your employees in the course of their farming duties, plus family members over 14 years old.
4) Optional add-ons are subject to additional charge; it is not necessary to purchase these add-ons in order to purchase the policy.
We value your feedback
I'm with An Post Insurance for a number of years now and I must say that I could recommend this company to anybody who want great insurance cover at at a very competitive and affordable price... I have both my motor and home insurance with this company and I'm very happy with the comprehensive cover that I have as well as it's "extras" and value for money Regards Mártín 01.09.2021
Features and Benefits Explained
Below are the benefits that come as standard for both our Smart Farm Easy and Smart Farm Choice cover options
- Protecting you if you or your employees are held responsible for accidental injury to clients, customers or the public. Standard cover of up to €6.5 million for public liability claims.
- Cover up to €2.6 million, to protect against costs associated with gradual environmental damage and pollution, including own land and third-party clean-up costs.
- cover provides legal costs of up to €150,000 per claim, and up to €1,500,000 for any one period of insurance. It covers issues such as property disputes, alleged wrongful dismissal of employees or contract disagreements.
Below are the optional extra benefits that you can choose to add to both our Smart Farm Easy and Smart Farm Choice cover options
Injury to Worker
- Option to include cover for up to €13 million for employer liability claims. This cover is available for both family and non-family workers.
Livestock – Option to include specific cover for the death or slaughter on humane grounds of your livestock. Protect your animals in case of flood, fire, lightning, explosion, storm, electrocution, collapse of slats, livestock on foot and livestock in transit.
Farm outbuildings and contents – Option to include extensive cover for outbuildings and contents, including storm cover. Mixed outbuilding contents cover available under single valuations. There’s no need to break down your contents between hay and straw, agricultural produce, and implements and utensils. Simply provide us with a single figure to cover your outbuildings content. Subject to terms and conditions.
- Farm-dwelling house – Option to include farmhouse and contents cover to protect your home and your business – including business contents, fire brigade charges and accidental damage cover.
Tractors and Agricultural Vehicles
- Option to include third party, fire and theft, or comprehensive cover for farm vehicles. Trailer cover is also available.
- Option to cover for farm jeeps used for farming, social, domestic and pleasure purposes only. Restricted to 2-seater commercial jeeps and commercial crew cab.
Below are the optional extra benefits that you can choose to add to our Smart Farm Choice cover options
- Option to include cover for up to 24 months income if you are unable to work on your farm due to unforeseen circumstances.
Hospitalisation for Sickness Covers
- Option to include cover to provide you with an income due to hospitalisation as a result of unforeseen sickness. The benefit is payable from the fifth day in hospital up to a maximum of 12 weeks.
- Option to include protection against loss of livestock, stolen and unrecovered, due to theft, as well as the option to protect the farm tools you own against theft if your insured farm property is broken into. This is available as an add-on. Theft of diesel is included in your cover at no extra cost when outbuildings are insured.
- Basic Income – Option to include cover for the loss of your Basic Payment Scheme due to accidental damage of items covered under farm outbuildings or their contents.
- Milk – Option to include cover loss or deterioration of milk contained in the tank, including loss due to failure of any thermostatic controlling device, the public supply of electricity, or damage to the bulk milk tank where such failure is not the result of a deliberate act. It also covers loss of your own milk if it’s rejected by the Co-Op because of accidental contamination by antibiotic residue and failure of the Co-op to collect.
- Crops – Option to include cover for loss of or damage to growing crops caused by fire, lightning, explosion, impact and aircraft.
- Pedigree Livestock – Option to include cover for death or infertility is available as part of the farm policy.
- Forestry – Option to include protection for storm and reinstatement cover, and fire cover.
- Sheep Flock – Option to include protection for your sheep flock against fatal injury or necessary slaughter arising from dog attack or dog/sheep worrying.
All-Risks Cover for Specialist Equipment
- Option to include cover all your specialist equipment, including bulk milk tank, A.I. flasks, cameras, tack, trailers, calving cameras, and more.
Good to Know
Farms less than 80 acres would suit our Smart Farm Easy Policy.
Farms larger than 80 acres requiring specific, customised cover should check out our Smart Farm Choices Policy.
Public Liability protects you if your negligence (or your employees’ negligence) causes damage or injury to the public. Standard cover of up to €6.5 million for public liability claims. Public Liability cover does not protect you against injury to an employee or voluntary helper on the farm. You will need Employers Liability cover for this.
You have an option to add Employers Liability cover which will protect both family and non-family workers. Our policy provides cover for up to €13 million if employers liability is chosen.
Personal accident cover is an optional additional benefit you can chose which provides you with an income if you are unable to work on your farm due to an accident. The payment starts after one week and can be used to pay someone while you're unable to work.
Temporary total disablement is payable for a maximum of 104 weeks and a weekly payment limit of between €300 and €700 applies depending on the option you have selected.
Temporary Partial Disablement (which would be the most common claim) is payable for a maximum of 26 weeks and a weekly payment limit of between €300 and €700 applies depending on the option you have selected. Our Team can discuss these options with you.
Tractors and agricultural vehicles including diggers, loaders and quads: Option to include third party, fire and theft, or comprehensive cover for farm vehicles. Trailer cover is also available.
Jeep Insurance: Option to cover for farm jeeps used for farming, social, domestic and pleasure purposes only. Restricted to 2-seater commercial jeeps or 5-seater flat back seat crew cabs.
We care about protecting what matters to you. Get a quick quote for great value insurance online, in person or over the phone.
Documents & Forms
Here you’ll find useful information, documents and forms that’ll help you get the peace of mind of good protection.
We understand that everybody’s different, so you can choose the right payment method for you. Check out our range of options.
Claims & Emergencies
You can trust us to get you the help you need, when you need it. Learn more about making a claim or dealing with an emergency.
An Post Insurance Farm Insurance is underwritten by AXA Insurance DAC.