Top 5 Questions
Before you buy a policy and have a medical condition, we ask you to confirm that you are NOT
- Receiving or on a waiting list for treatment in a hospital or nursing home;
- Waiting for investigation or referral, or the results of any investigation, medical treatment or surgical procedure, for any condition, whether diagnosed or un-diagnosed;
- Choosing not to take prescribed medication, or the correct dose of prescribed medicine;
- Travelling against the advice of a medically qualified doctor;
- Travelling to obtain medical, dental or cosmetic treatment;
- Travelling with a terminal condition;
If you can confirm these and the other statements we ask you to confirm, you can buy our cover online.
Yes. To protect your own interests you should purchase travel insurance cover at the same time you purchase your travel package. You can buy it at a later date but it will not cover events which have already occurred.
If you are buying a single trip policy, your cancellation cover begins instantly. If you are buying an annual policy, you can choose when your cover begins (up to 180 days in the future). If you have already booked a holiday, and have no other travel insurance arrangements in place, you should ensure your policy starts immediately, so you are covered for cancellation.
Yes, provided you have bought an annual policy. You must spend at least two nights in accommodation you booked before your departure. So a weekend break involving two nights in a hotel would be covered, but a day out and overnight stop wouldn't. If you have bought a single trip policy you will not be covered for holidays in the Republic of Ireland. Whichever policy you buy, some benefits are not payable for holidays in the Republic of Ireland. See the Policy Wording for full details.
Yes, our travel insurance does not cover any trip in, to or through the following countries;
Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, North Sudan and Crimea.
An Post Insurance Travel Insurance is arranged, administered and underwritten by Chubb European Group SE.