Life Insurance Getting Insured
We care about protecting what matters to you. Get a quick quote for great value insurance online, in person or over the phone.
No one understands your financial situation better than you. That means you should avoid letting someone else tell you how much protection you need. You can get a rough estimate of your insurance needs by adding together your debt, estimated funeral costs, and six months to a year of income replacement. You need the policy that’s right for you and your family’s financial situation.
Don’t be afraid to ask the advisor questions. You should know the product inside out before buying it. What happens if I change my mind about cover or need more cover? How long are premiums guaranteed for? What are the exclusions?
Make sure you do your research before purchasing an insurance product. Make sure it fits your needs and budget, and make sure you understand the contract. The advisor is obligated to explain it to you. Don’t sign until you understand the contract.
Over 50s Funeral Plan
An Post Insurance Over 50s Funeral Plan is a life insurance policy which allows you to prepare financially for the cost - or part of the cost - of your funeral. By taking out this policy, you can ensure that you leave your loved ones some money to take care of the cost of your funeral - or to take care of other expenses.
Taking out a funeral plan can allow you and your family to be financially prepared for the costs of your funeral - as well as some of the bills that you may leave behind on your passing. Taking out an An Post Insurance Over 50s Funeral Plan will help you save your loved ones the worry and stress of financing your funeral at an emotional time.
- you are aged between 50-75 and resident in the Republic of Ireland
- you want life cover with no need for a medical examination or to give medical information
- you want cover for the rest of your life
- you want payments that will never increase or decrease
- you want an opportunity to leave a lump sum to a loved one or your grandchildren
- you want an opportunity to leave a lump sum to your loved ones
It's not just for the over 50's! Over 50s Funeral Plan is perfect for the over 60's and over 70's as well. Anyone aged 50 to 75 who is living in the Republic of Ireland can apply.
Life Choice is a market leading protection product underwritten by New Ireland Assurance Company plc. You can use it to protect your home, your income and your family.
Buying a home is one of the biggest financial commitments you’ll ever make so putting the right cover in place to protect it is very important. Life Choice Home Mortgage Protection is designed to pay off the outstanding balance on your mortgage if you die or suffer from a specified serious illness (if this option is selected by you this will show in your policy schedule) during the term of the policy. Most people take it out for the term of their mortgage and the cover on this plan reduces each month as the amount owed on the mortgage reduces.
If you die prematurely your plan can be used to:
- Clear your mortgage
- Secure ownership of your home
It is however important to note that should your mortgage change (e.g. you extend the term or change the amount of the loan etc.) that you also review your related life assurance cover to ensure that it continues to meet your specific needs.
Life Choice Home is a highly flexible mortgage protection plan which allows you to:
- Increase or decrease your cover amount
- Extend or reduce your term of cover
- Increase the amount of cover within 3 months of moving house, getting married or having a child without having to provide evidence of health
- Move to a new mortgage or family protection plan without having to provide evidence of health if the Medical Free Conversion option is selected
- Avail of a Children’s Protection Benefit
- Add Specified Serious Illness Cover (this is an optional cover which must be chosen by you to be included – if selected this will show in your policy schedule)
Terms and conditions apply. Benefits are subject to underwriting and acceptance by New Ireland Assurance Company plc. A government levy (currently 1%) applies to premium paid to life insurance policies.
Life Choice Assets can be used by individuals who want to ensure their investment property or business will provide their family with financial security in the event of death or serious illness.
With Life Choice Assets you can get:
Lump Sum Payment - In the event of death
A lump sum that can help to meet your family's immediate financial needs.
Lump Sum Payment – If you suffer a serious illness
A lump sum amount in the event that you suffer from a specified serious illness (benefit can be standalone or deducted from the lump sum on death benefit).
You can also add one or more optional benefits to further protect your home or assets in the short-term, for example:
- Specified serious illness cover if chosen pays a lump sum in the event you suffer one of the specified serious illnesses covered
- Depending on the LifeChoice product selected there are a range of other additional benefits such as surgery payment benefit, Hospital payment etc
- Medical Free Conversion allows you to convert your policy to a new mortgage, family protection or assets plan without the need for further medical evidence.
The benefits above are optional extras and you are not required to purchase them when taking out a Life Choice Home, Life Choice Assets or Life Choice You & Family Protection plan.
Terms and conditions apply. Benefits are subject to underwriting and acceptance by New Ireland Assurance Company plc. A government levy (currently 1%) applies to premiums paid to life insurance policies.