Last updated: 29/07/2020
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user – asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and called first-party cookies. We also use third-party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting and these are primarily used for our advertising and marketing efforts.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve your website experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Further information about the types of cookies that are used on this Site is set out below.
An Post Insurance Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the site and use its features and/or services, and to allow us to track our critical web business indicators. Any cookies used in this way are first party only in nature and are fully aggregated and anonymous. Without these absolutely necessary cookies, the Site will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the Site or certain services or features.
Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. We have also supplied links to several of the more popular browsers for procedures on how to view and disable cookies.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- Mozilla Firefox Browser: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop?redirectslug=enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences&redirectlocale=en-US
- Google Chrome Browser: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Apple Safari Browser: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Opera Web Browser: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/security-and-privacy/
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all sites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you would like further information about the cookies used in relation to YouTube videos, the YouTube privacy notice, including details about YouTube related cookies, is available at: https://www.google.co.uk/policies/privacy/.
For information regarding targeted advertisements please see:
- Google Adwords: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/remarketing
- Programmatic/Display: https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/2884033?hl=en
- Facebook Ads: https://www.facebook.com/business/products/ads/ad-targeting