*Offer available at time of display, acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Terms and conditions available at www.anpostinsurance.ie/promotion
^€699 based on the normal retail price of the Smartzone Home Alarm System as of May 2020.
We're Human About Insurance
We'll help you protect what matters to you. An Post Insurance is a 100% Irish-owned company, so we understand what matters most to you.
Get Smart about Security
The simple interactive Smartzone app helps you to control as well as secure your home. You can add smart heating or home automation that'll allow you to turn on lights, locks, heat or water from your smartphone.
Smartzone Home Alarm System is a fully interactive system which allows you to control and monitor your home security from your smartphone, wherever you are in the world. You can even add video monitoring to the app, for extra peace of mind (1).
Insure your home with An Post Insurance and you can get a Smartzone Home Alarm system* worth €699^. Plus, if you have a Smartzone Home Alarm System installed and maintained you’ll be entitled to an 18% (2) Smartzone Home Alarm System Discount.
Smartzone offers award-winning professional monitoring (1) available all day, every day. When there's an emergency, every second counts - the Smartzone Home Alarm System offers rapid response times, meaning help will be on hand when you need it.
1) By availing of this offer you will receive the Smartzone Home Alarm System starter bundle, along with free installation of the system, to the value of €699, and you will subsequently pay €29.99 a month on a fixed 36 month contract with Smartzone, who will provide the Smart Home Security, 24/7 PSA monitoring warranty on parts and labour, over the duration of the contract. Please note adding video monitoring with include an additional fee.
2) Discounts are applied consecutively and are subject to a minimum premium of €230 for buildings & contents and €135 for contents only. 18% annual discount on Home Insurance applies at new business/renewal stage or pro rata mid term (subject to An Post Insurance Terms and Conditions) and is for having a Smartzone Home Alarm System installed and maintained. Alarm discount normally 12.5% for regular approved alarms. You need to call us and let us know you have installed the Smartzone Home Alarm System to avail of this discount. Alarm must be fitted to EN50131 (old IS199) standards and installed by an intruder alarm company approved by the National Standards Authority of Ireland. The installer should hold a P.S.A. (Private Security Authority) licence.
How it Works
Your home is your safe haven, and we work hard to make sure it stays that way. By following these simple steps, you can rest easy, knowing we've got you covered, for value as well as protection.
Insure your home with An Post Insurance - whether you're a first-time buyer or upgrading your home, we've got great value house insurance for you.
Complete a callback form above to arrange your complimentary Smartzone Home Alarm System. Our friendly team will talk you through the process.
Get your Smartzone Home Alarm System installed and contact us for Smartzone Home Alarm System discount (2).
Enjoy the peace of mind of real protection, in real time. By combining modern security technology with trusted insurance cover, we'll keep our promise to help you protect your home.
Other Smart Security:
- Dedicated reliable dual path communication – even if your phone lines are cut or the power goes down, your system will still operate.
- Patented “Crash & Smash” protection – your monitored security system will continue to work even if the security panel is damaged.
- Location-Based Geo-Services – you can set reminders and notifications based on where you are – never forget to set the alarm when you leave home again.
- Fully configurable app logins and personalised user codes.
Some Smartzone Home Alarm System Optional Extras also include:
- Energy Management – Control your heating and hot water from your smartphone – anywhere, any time.
- Video Monitoring – video doorbells and indoor/outdoor video cameras can all be streamed live from the Smarthome app and video alerts ensure you never miss a thing.
- Home Automation – control and automate your lights, door locks and other smart devices all with the touch of a button from one interactive app.
Please note these optional extras are subject to an additional cost
We value your feedback
Great value and super easy to get a quote. I was able to customise and upgrade the exact policy I needed. The experience is miles ahead of my past insurer. I would highly recommend this service!! John 17/11/2020
Good to Know
We've gathered together all the details you need to better understand your home insurance options. Take a look at our FAQs and learn more about how we can help you get the cover you deserve, at the price you prefer.
Including all home business equipment as standard up to contents sum insured, providing cover to customers when they work from home. Effective immediately and for the duration of this crisis.
If you have an emergency in your home, we will provide a repair service to secure your home and help prevent further damage from occurring. Cover for up to €260 per incident, limited to 3 claims per policy year.
This cover is underwritten by MAPFRE ASISTENCIA Compania Internacional De Seguros Y Reaseguros, S.A., trading as MAPFRE ASSISTANCE Agency Ireland.
If you have taken out the optional cover for jewellery, personal belongings, bicycles and money, we will cover loss or damage within Europe or, for up to 30 days in any period of insurance, anywhere in the world.
Reinstatement value is the cost of completely re-building your house (less the value of the site) including architects and surveyors fees. It is important to note that the reinstatement value is the figure for which your house should be insured, rather than the market value of the house.
You should insure your home for the reinstatement cost as opposed to full market value. You should insure your building for a sum insured that represents the full rebuilding costs of your house, including domestic outbuildings and drives and other items.
You should make an additional provision in setting your sum insured for costs in removing debris after a loss, Architects fees and additional costs in rebuilding to current Construction and Local Authority Regulations.
Avoid the mistake of insuring your property for its market value. This is incorrect and may lead to the value of your claim being reduced in the event of a loss. The market value may be more or less than the full rebuilding cost of your home.
You can choose contents cover as a percentage of your building cover. For example if your building is insured for €200,000 and you choose 30% contents cover, then you have cover up to €60,000. Your second option is insuring the total value of all your contents as a separate sum.
We care about protecting what matters to you. Get a quick quote for great value insurance online, in person or over the phone.
Here you’ll find useful information, documents and forms that’ll help you get the peace of mind of good protection.
We understand that everybody’s different, so you can choose the right payment method for you. Check out our range of options.
Recent Blog posts
An Post Insurance Home Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC.
All security services are carried out by registered PSA installer Smartzone Security. PSA Licence Number
07423.Smartzone Home Alarm System is a service provided by Accuflow Distribution Limited, trading as Smartzone. Registered offices at Unit 12 Southside Business Park, Togher, Co Cork.