*Offer available at time of display, acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Terms and conditions available at www.anpostinsurance.ie/promotion
^€699 based on the normal retail price of the Smartzone Home Alarm System as of May 2020.
We're Human About Insurance
We'll help you protect what matters to you. An Post Insurance is a 100% Irish-owned company, so we understand what matters most to you.
Get Smart about Security
The simple interactive Smartzone app helps you to control as well as secure your home. You can add smart heating or home automation that'll allow you to turn on lights, locks, heat or water from your smartphone.
Smartzone Home Alarm System is a fully interactive system which allows you to control and monitor your home security from your smartphone, wherever you are in the world. You can even add video monitoring to the app, for extra peace of mind (1).
Insure your home with An Post Insurance and you can get a Smartzone Home Alarm system* worth €699^. Plus, if you have a Smartzone Home Alarm System installed and maintained you’ll be entitled to an 18% (2) Smartzone Home Alarm System Discount.
Smartzone offers award-winning professional monitoring (1) available all day, every day. When there's an emergency, every second counts - the Smartzone Home Alarm System offers rapid response times, meaning help will be on hand when you need it.
1) By availing of this offer you will receive the Smartzone Home Alarm System starter bundle, along with free installation of the system, to the value of €699, and you will subsequently pay €29.99 a month on a fixed 36 month contract with Smartzone, who will provide the Smart Home Security, 24/7 PSA monitoring warranty on parts and labour, over the duration of the contract. Please note adding video monitoring with include an additional fee.
2) Discounts are applied consecutively and are subject to a minimum premium of €230 for buildings & contents and €135 for contents only. 18% annual discount on Home Insurance applies at new business/renewal stage or pro rata mid term (subject to An Post Insurance Terms and Conditions) and is for having a Smartzone Home Alarm System installed and maintained. Alarm discount normally 12.5% for regular approved alarms. You need to call us and let us know you have installed the Smartzone Home Alarm System to avail of this discount. Alarm must be fitted to EN50131 (old IS199) standards and installed by an intruder alarm company approved by the National Standards Authority of Ireland. The installer should hold a P.S.A. (Private Security Authority) licence.
How it Works
Your home is your safe haven, and we work hard to make sure it stays that way. By following these simple steps, you can rest easy, knowing we've got you covered, for value as well as protection.
Insure your home with An Post Insurance - whether you're a first-time buyer or upgrading your home, we've got great value house insurance for you.
Complete a callback form above to arrange your complimentary Smartzone Home Alarm System. Our friendly team will talk you through the process.
Get your Smartzone Home Alarm System installed and contact us for Smartzone Home Alarm System discount (2).
Enjoy the peace of mind of real protection, in real time. By combining modern security technology with trusted insurance cover, we'll keep our promise to help you protect your home.
Benefits & Optional Extras
- Dedicated reliable dual path communication – even if your phone lines are cut or the power goes down, your system will still operate.
- Patented “Crash & Smash” protection – your monitored security system will continue to work even if the security panel is damaged.
- Location-Based Geo-Services – you can set reminders and notifications based on where you are – never forget to set the alarm when you leave home again.
- Fully configurable app logins and personalised user codes.
- Energy Management – Control your heating and hot water from your smartphone – anywhere, any time.
- Video Monitoring – video doorbells and indoor/outdoor video cameras can all be streamed live from the Smarthome app and video alerts ensure you never miss a thing.
- Home Automation – control and automate your lights, door locks and other smart devices all with the touch of a button from one interactive app.
Please note these optional extras are subject to an additional cost
We value your feedback
When my renewal came up , it had jumped over €100. This I found startling, as my car had done less than 6,000km due to the pandemic. An Post Insurance was like a shining light, fast and friendly and very competitive with one other insurer. The navigation of the website made An Post Insurance the easier choice. - Sonya 14.01.2021
Good to Know
We've gathered together all the details you need to better understand your home insurance options. Take a look at our FAQs and learn more about how we can help you get the cover you deserve, at the price you prefer.
Free installation of:
- Smartzone Smart Home Hub which is the main controller and siren for the system.
- 3 wireless, battery operated PIR motion sensors.
- 1 Decoy Bellbox, typically installed to the front of the property to act as a visual deterrent to potential intruders.
- 1 wireless, battery operated Arm/Disarm Keypad which includes panic functions.
- 2 wireless, battery operated Door/Window Sensors.
- Connected & Protected Window Stickers which also act as a deterrent to potential intruders.
At an extra cost you can add the following if required:
- Energy Management: Controls your heating and hot water from your smartphone.
- Video Monitoring: Video doorbells and indoor/outdoor video cameras can all be streamed live from the Smarthome app and video alerts ensure you never miss a thing.
- Home Automation: You can control and automate your lights, door locks and other smart devices all with the touch of a button from one interactive app.
- Wellness Solutions: The Wellness package is the perfect solution for looking after aging loved ones and giving them freedom to live independently. Wellness is designed to intelligently monitor behaviours and alert a contact if anything appears out of the ordinary.
Yes, at an extra cost you can order additional window sensors if required.
The Smart Home Panel, has Dual Path Communication – Hard Wired broadband connectivity, through an Ethernet, and mobile connectivity via GSM SIM Card. While the Smart Home Security Bundle does not require a broadband connection, a stable, fast connection is required for the Security Cameras and video upload.
With Patented “Crash and Smash” protection, your security system will continue to work even if the security panel is damaged.
Yes, even with no electricity or damaged phone lines your system will still work.
In the event of an intruder alarm activation, the monitoring station will attempt to make contact with all listed keyholders and, if necessary, the Gardaí will be notified.
Non-emergency alerts are processed and sent out based on the rules that you define. For example, you may choose to get an alert when the front door opens after 4pm so you know your child is home from school.
All alerts are sent to your phone or tablet via the app where you can also live feed video if you decide to add cameras to your security bundle.
We care about protecting what matters to you. Get a quick quote for great value insurance online, in person or over the phone.
Here you’ll find useful information, documents and forms that’ll help you get the peace of mind of good protection.
We understand that everybody’s different, so you can choose the right payment method for you. Check out our range of options.
Recent Blog posts
An Post Insurance Home Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC.
All security services are carried out by registered PSA installer Smartzone Security. PSA Licence Number
07423.Smartzone Home Alarm System is a service provided by Accuflow Distribution Limited, trading as Smartzone. Registered offices at Unit 12 Southside Business Park, Togher, Co Cork.