Car Quote Assumptions
Before we provide you with a Car Insurance quote you will need to read and accept our Car Insurance Assumptions below. Please ensure you read this in full before proceeding to get a quote.
If you have not entered a valid vehicle registration number for the car on which you are seeking a quotation, the premiums shown are only an indication of the amount you may have to pay. Policy cover and the premiums shown are not guaranteed until your vehicle registration number has been provided. When you provide your vehicle registration number to us your quotation may change or we may not be able to provide you with a quote or cover. In order to purchase this product you will need to enter the driving licence number for all drivers.
If you do not meet the below criteria, or if you are the holder of a provisional driving licence/learner permit holder we may still be able to provide you with a quote. Please call us on 1890 22 22 22 for further information. We are open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm and on Saturdays 10am to 2pm.
Before you complete an insurance quotation for a policy, including any drivers in addition to yourself you should ensure that you have their consent to provide their personal and sensitive personal data. We would strongly recommend that you read our Privacy Notice which outlines the purposes for which we use data collected. Please ensure any data relating to you which you have entered is accurate, including your contact details and email address. These details will be used to contact you during your policy.
In offering you an online car insurance quotation, we assume the following:
You, your named drivers or any person who may drive your car:
- Have never been refused insurance (or renewal of a policy) by any insurer
- Have never had any special terms or conditions imposed by any insurer such as increased excess or reduced level of policy cover
- Have never had a policy of motor insurance cancelled by an insurer
- Hold a current and valid driving licence to drive in the Republic of Ireland
- Have never had any endorsement on your licence
- Have not had your licence suspended or been disqualified from driving*
- Have not been involved in any accident or loss or have any claims made against you in the past five years and have no outstanding or pending claims
- Have not been convicted of any offences of any nature and have no convictions* pending
- Have no more than 6 active penalty points on your current driving licence, and none of these were awarded in a court of law.
- Do not suffer from any disability or medical condition that would impair your ability to drive
- Permanently reside in the Republic of Ireland and have done so for at least the past 3 years
Your Insurance History:
- You have a No Claims Discount, that was earned consecutively, within the last two years in your own name, or if you have never held insurance in your own name and hold a full Irish licence and you are entitled to an introductory No Claims Discount for driving experience as a named driver on a private car policy only.
- You are using a No Claims Discount earned on a car and not on a moped or motorcycle
- Your No Claims Discount is not in use on any other active policy (you earn the No Claims Discount on each car separately). If you insure more than one car the same No Claims Discount cannot be in use at the same time on more than one policy
- The number of years no claims discount declared to us represents the actual number of years claims free driving you have earned in your own name
- You do not have full time use of another vehicle or are not the main driver of any other vehicle
- You do not own, insure or have registered in your own name any other motor vehicles
- Is a private car built mainly for carrying passengers and taxed for private use only
- Is used only for social, domestic and pleasure purposes (including commuting to and from work)
- Registration number has been correctly provided and the car is currently owned by you or your spouse/partner and you or your spouse/partner is the main driver/most frequent user of the car
- Was not imported and/or ever registered outside the Republic of Ireland or UK.
- Is registered in Ireland in your name or in your spouse/partner's name
- Is normally parked at your home address
- Has a current market value of less than €100,000
- Is not a kit car, van, car van, van adapted to carry passengers or a vehicle used for hire or reward such as a taxi or a hackney, sports car, convertible, GTI, VTEC or high performance vehicle
- Is not converted, adapted or modified in any way
- Does not have a non-standard audio equipment or a car phone
- Is right hand drive
- Is in a roadworthy condition with lights & braking systems in working order and tyres meeting legal thread depth requirements
- Is based on the policy cover start date
- Is based on the standard policy excess
- Is based on you providing us with your current and valid vehicle registration number
Your Duty of Disclosure:
In relation to you or any driver who will drive your car, you must tell us any facts which are likely to affect whether the underwriter agrees to provide cover, or how the underwriter assesses the risks proposed for insurance, including but not limited to:
- Medical details or history
- Previous insurance claims
- Any convictions of any offence of any nature, any prosecutions pending or been disqualified from driving, or have any current penalty points endorsed on a driving licence by a judgment in a court of law or through a conviction of an offence in a court of law
- The main user of the vehicle or any vehicle modifications
If you are unsure whether you should tell us about something, please tell us anyway. This is for your own protection; if you do not give us all the information we need, your policy may not provide you with the cover you need, a claim may not be paid, the policy could be declared invalid and void or may be cancelled, and you may encounter difficulty trying to purchase insurance elsewhere.
If you cannot confirm that you accept these assumptions and conditions, we are unable to offer you car insurance online at this time, please contact us on 1890 22 22 22.
*An individual is not required to disclose a spent conviction when supplying information on past convictions. To determine whether or not a conviction is a ‘spent conviction’ under the Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions and Certain Disclosures) Act 2016 please click here.
Use of External Databases:
In the process of providing a quotation we may verify information from sources such as vehicle databases and Insurance Link (a central claims database for the insurance industry) which are administered by Insurance Ireland. The use of external databases does not remove your obligation to answer all questions truthfully and tell us all facts likely to influence how we assess the insurance proposal.